FUKUSHIMA 47 Prefectures (46) Silver Proof Coin 1000 Yen Japan Mint 2016

New product

Fukushima, 2016 issue of Pure Silver colorized 1000 yen coin by Japan Mint, from Japan 47 prefectures series. Fukushima Prefecture is a prefecture of Japan located in the Tohoku region on the island of Honshu. Limited mintage to 100.000 pieces worldwide.

More details

99.95 €

Available - Ready to Ship

- +

Same Day Shipping Quick Delivery in 24/48 hours

Secure Payment Highest security SSL encryption

Money Back Guarantee Get what you ordered or refund!

Country Japan
Year 2016
Face Value 1000 Yen
Metal Silver
Fineness (purity) 999/1000
Weight (g) 31.1 (1 oz)
Diameter (mm) 40
Quality Proof
Mintage (pcs) 100.000
Certificate (COA) Yes
Presentation case (box) Yes
More info

Fukushima Prefecture
Fukushima is the third largest of Japan's 47 prefectures and stretches over 150 kilometers from the Pacific coast into the mountainous interior of northeastern Honshu. The no-entry zone around the nuclear plant makes up less than 10% of its area, while the remaining 90% are safe for tourists to visit. Wide areas of western Fukushima, in particular, escaped heavy contamination, including the mountainous interior around the historic city of Aizu-Wakamatsu. Reached in just over an hour by shinkansen from Tokyo, Fukushima offers ample of natural beauty, historic sites and leisure activities, including spectacular volcanic landscapes, excellent hot spring waters, outstanding cherry blossom and autumn color spots, prominent castle towns, pleasant ski resorts and Japan's first ever theme park, the Spa Resort Hawaiians.


Reverse design: Hideyo Noguchi, a prominent bacteriologist from Fukushima Prefecture, who was engaged in bacteriological study at the Rockefeller Institute for Medical Research and is well-known for his work on yellow fever, syphilis and other diseases. During his research on yellow fever in Accra, Ghana, he himself contracted the disease and died there at the age of 51.
The Bandaisan (Mt. Bandai), located in Inawashiro Town, Bandai Town and Kitashiobara Village, in the Yama District of Fukushima Prefecture, Mt. Bandai has been named one of the hundred most famous mountains in Japan. Sometimes called Aizu Fuji or Aizu Bandaisan, the mountain is a landmark of Fukushima.
The Inawashiroko (Lake Inawashiro), located in the cities of Aizuwakamatsu and Koriyama, as well as in Inawashiro Town in the Yama District of Fukushima Prefecture, Lake Inawashiro is the fourth largest lake in Japan. Lying nearly in the center of the prefecture, it is one of Fukushima’s most famous landmarks. The lake was recognized as the lake with the best water quality in Japan four years in a row from 2002 to 2005.
The Common obverse design of 1000 yen silver coin: Snow crystals, moon and cherry blossoms.